Video Screencast Help

Result: Failure - return code - 2147024891

Created: 31 Jan 2013 • Updated: 31 Jan 2013 | 3 comments

I have created the package for Mcafee client version 8.8, here is what I did on the software delivery, because the files are too big so I want the job delivery from the server, so on my command I have like this following:

"\\altirisserver\NSCap\bin\Win32\X86\_City of Glendale Repackaging\McAfee 8.8\Setupvse.exe" /q

but if run this line manually from the dos prompt, then it will work.

can someone help me on this?

I look at the task history:

Last task: Execute install command for McAfee Client version 8.8 V2

Result: Failure - return code - 2147024891

Thanks

Lillian

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Dmitri Dragunov's picture

HI Lillian,

By default any task is running under System account which does not have rights to your UNC location. In advanced options for task you may specify user which has the rights to access the UNC location.

I suggest you to import Instalation Package to Software Library(You may do it during Software Import in the Software Catalog) and use Quick Delivery task or Managed Delivery policy. In advanced settings for Manageed Delivery policy or Quick Delivery task you can specify "Delete package from client computer option with 0 days setting,  and package will be deleted from client computer after installation. 
Also in Advanced Settings for Managed Delivery policy you may set "run from the server" setting.

Regards,

Dmtiri

mclemson's picture

What Dmitri said.

Mike Clemson, Senior Systems Engineer, ASC
Intuitive Technology Group -- Symantec Platinum Partner
intuitivetech.com

llian's picture

Dmtiri,

After I change to domain account and send this package out, it work now.

Thank you so much, you really make my date

Lillian