Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  RHEL 6.4 and Symantec 12.1.5

Posted Jul 27, 2015 04:08 PM

I need to convert unmanaged linux client to managed. Attempted to install managed client and liveupdate and auto-protect don't work. Auto-protect says it is malfunctioining and liveupdate returns failed. It does however update the client with the managed server information and does do scans from the managed server. The managed server does get all the information from the linux client and shows connected. Now, since my unmanaged client worked without issues, can I now convert it to a managed client? My guess is that what appeared to be the blessed kernel for 6.4 was not exactly the blessed kernel. Without the ability to upgrade to 6.5 in the foreseeable future my best bet is to attempt to convert. Extracted the necessary components from the management server (replacement sylink.xml), but need the tool to swap it out because a simple replacement does not work for security reasons no doubt. How do I get this tool? I have seen one link on the subject and it brings me to a page that wants a serial number. Is that needed to get this tool?

• 2.  RE: RHEL 6.4 and Symantec 12.1.5

Posted Jul 27, 2015 04:14 PM

You should just need to export the sylink file from SEPM and import into the Linux client, per these steps:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO101768

• 3.  RE: RHEL 6.4 and Symantec 12.1.5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2015 10:33 AM

Hi,

It's possible to convert unmanged linux client to managed one.

After you install an unmanaged Symantec Endpoint Protection for Linux client, you can convert it to a managed client to centrally manage the client by importing the client-server communication settings file into the Linux client. A managed client communicates with and reports its status and other information to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.

This can be a reference guide to follow the steps: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO101768