Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Ridiculous 12.1.5 Java Console Time out

Posted Jan 05, 2015 11:00 AM

Anyone figure out a way to change the SEPM Java console timeout settings back to Never - or at least to something more than an hour? Just because I don't click in the SEPM console at least once every hour, doesn't mean that I'm not at my desk.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sep-1215-whats-goofy-console-timeout-setting

If all I did all day long was sit in front of the SEPM console and do stuff in the console, I could see having a forced timeout. But there are those of us that wear multiple hats, do many different things during the day, and only glance at the SEPM console maybe three or four times a day. What a pain to have to login to that console every time I need to look at it.

• 2.  RE: Ridiculous 12.1.5 Java Console Time out

Posted Jan 05, 2015 11:00 AM

No workarounds that I've seen, although you can allow saved credentials so you don't have to re-type them every time.

Allowing administrators to save logon credentials

If you've upgraded from a previous version, the console timeout stays at "Never" but there is a warning in the SEPM. Not that this applies to you, I just happened to get lucky with it.