Video Screencast Help

Ris through ghost 14.0

Created: 17 Aug 2009 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 4 comments

hi,

Am new to this forum i am not  sure posting in right place if it  is  wrong plz forgive me

i downloaded ghost 14.0 trial version to implement RIS through ghost. my aim is to transfer ghost images to all over my intranet i did not find any imaging through lan option in ghost 14.0
am not sure whether my ghost 14.0 is compatible to implement RIS.

plz someone suggest me  to which version of ghost is good and compatible to implement RIS

thanks in advance
jnreddy

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

RIS is a Microsoft deployment technology, whereas Ghost is a Symantec technology.
As far as I am aware, there is no mechanism for handling RIS deployment through Ghost.
You would need to install your RIS image on a test workstation, then use Ghost to create a Ghost image of the RIS install, which you could then use for your Ghost deployments.

You should also check the licencing scheme as Ghost 14 is a single user licence as far as I am aware, and if you are using it to deploy to multiple workstations, then you need a different type of licence.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

jnreddy's picture

Thanq EDT for ur reply i googled so many are deploying RIS with ghost 2003 version.
am not sure am correct but i think it will happen

Thanks in Advance
jnreddy

EdT's picture

I was assuming that you want to deploy RIS images using the Ghost environment.
But on reading your post again, are you in fact trying to deploy Ghost images with your RIS environment?

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

jnreddy's picture

hi,

You are correct i want deploy ghost images with my ris.

but am new to this ghost i know that dos based doing
jumper setting booting and so.........

Now i want to take the ghost image of any system within my intranet and that to transfer to other system.

now i installed ghost 2003 to deploy.but i need step-by-step
configuration plz help me

Thanks In Advance
Jnreddy