Robotic library re-insert on the different slot not working
I am new in Backup Exec 2012.
System details as follows
- OS: Windows 2008 server
- Robotic library :IBM 3572-TL
- I partitioned the tape library to 9 ( we loaded 8 data tape and 1 cleaning tape)
My requirements are as follows
- Mon back up move to Tape1 ( Not overwrite)
- Tue back up move to Tape2 ( Overwrite after 4 weeks or tape full )
- Wed back up move to Tape3 ( Overwrite after 4 weeks or tape full )
- Thu back up move to Tape 4 ( Not overwrite)
- Fri back up move to Tape 5 ( Overwrite after 4 weeks or tape full )
- Sat back up move to Tape 6 ( Overwrite after 4 weeks or tape full )
All tape have bar code. Once I interchange the tape from slot 1 to slot 2, the back is failed with a message “Last append mode not found..”
I have the following questions
- If I take the tape out and re-insert to tape library, is I have to insert on the same slot or I can insert to another slot of tape library?
- If the job not finished after 1 hours of start time, is any method to stop the job?
- If the tape is full, how I can configure a new tape? It is need any special configuration?
Thanks in advance.