Running Symantec Desktop Encyption on Macbook with Bootcamp Windows 7
Created: 18 Apr 2013 | 4 comments
I followed the instructions I found on this forum to install Symantec PGP Disk Encryption on a Macbook pro with a bootcamp Windows Partition.
- I installed Symantec Encryption Desktop for Windows on my bootcamp Windows. I then activated the software with my key but DID NOT encrypt the Disk
- I installed Symantec Encryption Desktop for MAC on my OS X operation system. I activated the software and performed the full disk encryption.
- I selected to reboot into Windows once the disk encryption finished successfully.
- I was prompted for my Security Key and logged into Windows successfully and can use the Symantec Encryption Desktop software. It even shows the disk as being encrypted
- (Problem) I cannot get my MAC OS X to launch. When I select boot to the MAC OS X operating system and click restart from the Boot Camp settings in the control panel the PC reboots – ask for my key – and then boots back into Windows.
- How can I get back into my OS X?
- What did I do wrong?
- I purchased the product with one year of tech support but I do not have my customer number so they will not assist. I am still using a trail license and am waiting.