SAN client configuration in netbackup 7.0
Dear All ,
We have symantec netbackup 7.0 with 2 tier architecture ( Master server & media server on one server & Enterprise client license ). Now we are going to configue SAN backup for SAN client.
I did following configuration
1) made one SAN backup zone on SAN switch & put all SAN client & Master server with media server in that zone.
2) install backup client on client server.
3) run command on client server Install_path\NetBackup\bin\bpclntcmd.exe -sanclient 1 & reboot the client.
4) After that I run device configuration wizzard & got SAN client discovered there & I got my client in SAN client tab.
Now I have following querry
1)how to configure the backup for this SAN client over SAN .
2) Where to connect the tape drive ( on media server or on SAN client )
3) FT server or FT media server is required or not.