SAP online backup script to do full and archive log backups
First of all, sorry if this question has already been asked and answered before. I'm new to SAP backup.
The environment I'm working with, we have setup SAP-Netbackup integration to backup via backint. I'm using a slightly modified version of sap_online_backup script. We are backing up to tape via SAN. Questions I have at the moment is are below.
1. In the documentation it says that only full backups are supported in this method. Will it be a good solution to keep backing up the archive log files within short intervals between full backups ?
2. I have configured a single policy with 2 schedules ( full + diff incremental ) and setup the script to backup archive logs when diff incremental schedule is executed. ( Just to keep things simple and not have too many policies ) I have set the full schedule to backup and clean the archive logs but on the archive log backup, it will only backup and not delete. Is this a good way of doing it ?
3. In above method, will brarchive backup all the archive logs each time its run or only the files that were not backed up during the last run ?
4. With above method, when it comes to a restore, will it restore only the items from the last full backup ? or will it restore everything untill the last backed up archive logs ?
5. Once the brrestore is complete, which steps need to be taken to bring the database online ? I ask this since I have some practical limitations to test this as of now.
I have attached my backup script. Appreciate any advice that can be provided.