Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Sav 10.1.6 reporting to SEPM

Posted May 26, 2010 09:23 AM
    Hi,  Should I upgrade the servers to the latest SAV 10.1.9 and install reporting agent then point to SEPM or will 10.1.6 work fine sending log files to SEPM's.  I want to avoid upgrading the SAV servers as the SEPM migration project is already taking place.  Anyone got this working with 10.1.6?

Now if I do decide to upgrade primary servers to 10.1.9 do I have to also upgrade secondary servers or can I get away not upgrading?  Thanks for you help.

• 2.  RE: Sav 10.1.6 reporting to SEPM

Posted May 26, 2010 09:36 AM

there is no client server architectre in SEP
    only reporting agents can send logs; not your primary server.
    you need to upgrade all your primary servers and secondray servers;
    migrated one by one; and then your primary servers; incase something goes wrong
    you will still have sSc

• 3.  RE: Sav 10.1.6 reporting to SEPM

Posted May 26, 2010 09:44 AM

Yes, I am going to install reporting agents on all the primary servers to send logs to SEP as there is currently no reporting server installed anywhere.  My understanding is the clients send to parent servers and parent servers upload to primary server, the reporting agents on the primary server will then send to SEP?  Is this correct and is there an easier way to do this?

Cheers

• 4.  RE: Sav 10.1.6 reporting to SEPM
    Best Answer

• 5.  RE: Sav 10.1.6 reporting to SEPM

Posted Jun 01, 2010 05:14 AM

Hi, just a qucik question.  A number of the primary servers are not on 10.1.9 and there are so many different versions of SAV.  Can I install the 10.1.9 reporting agent only without upgrading the primary servers?  Will this cause any problems having a Primary server on a different version of a reporting agent and will Sav let me do it?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Sav 10.1.6 reporting to SEPM

Posted Jun 01, 2010 05:29 AM
    in sav its good to have them all in same version; most of the times different versions dont work