Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  [SAV 10.1.8] How to set centralized client exclusions

Posted May 08, 2009 04:32 AM
    Hi there at Symantec Forums!

I'd like to make some exclusions from auto-protect  for the client programm folder (and it's containing executables) which is normally located in c:\program files\app\ on every client computer running SAV 10. I found out that this can be done by unsing the client auto-protect options in SSC by adding folders. But how do I have to place the path for the client here? Just adding 'program files\app' odre do I have to type 'C.\program files\app' or whta is the terminus for that?

And how long does it normally take to transfer this (new) information to the client so that it'll take effect?

Thanks for your answers!
    DWM IT

• 2.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] How to set centralized client exclusions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2009 05:10 AM
    Hi,
    Provide the full path c:\program files\app\excutable.exe

Exclusions that you configure for Auto-Protect scans are not recognized by manual and scheduled scans and vice versa. Exclusions are configured separately for manual, scheduled, and Auto-Protect scans. You can only exclude a security risk from all scans on client computers by configuring it globally.
    Cheers!
    Pete

• 3.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] How to set centralized client exclusions

Posted May 08, 2009 05:36 AM

Hi Pete!

Hm, but there are several executable programs in this Folder becaus the app has severall modules. So I have to exclude every *.EXE als a full path?

Greetz!
    DWMIT

• 4.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] How to set centralized client exclusions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2009 05:44 AM
    Hey,

in that case exclude the folder, c:\program files\app\ this will eclude the files/folders within the app folder.

On your own risk :-)

Pete!

• 5.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] How to set centralized client exclusions

Posted May 08, 2009 06:13 AM
    Yep, thanks for the quick answer. The folder will be scanned manually every week. How long will it take to see the effect?
    Thank you!

BTW: The description in the Symantec KB articles herefor could be more precisely.

• 6.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] How to set centralized client exclusions
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 08, 2009 06:25 AM
    Hello,

so either create global exception or add in manual excaption/scheduled exception/autoportect exception.

The client contacts the SAV server, the new GRC.dat will be pushed on to the client, since there is new policy included(exception), the client will have the latest configuration.

Pete