Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  [SAV 10.1.8] Unmanaged Clients & automatic Client Rollout

Posted Apr 17, 2009 04:47 AM
    Hi there SymUsers!

Two more questions regarding SAV 10.1.8.
    Now, after I finally made it to upgrade my SAV-Servers from 10.1.500 to 10.1.8 I want to know two things please:

01. How do I find unmanagend clients in my network? Just by knowing or is there a function implemented in the Symantec System Center?

02. The server has 10.1.8. Does this new version automatic roll out to the clients (what does not work at the moment) or do I have to make a client roll-out once more?

Thanks for any help.
    DWMIT

• 2.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] Unmanaged Clients & automatic Client Rollout

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 17, 2009 05:04 AM
    hi,
    01) use the Audit Network provision in ssc to find the unmanaged client.

02) you need to push the new version roll out to the clients.

Pete!!

• 3.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] Unmanaged Clients & automatic Client Rollout
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 17, 2009 05:09 AM
    Hi DWMIT,

Answer to your queries are...

1) Go to Tools> Find Computers> Audit Netwrok Put your network Ip ranges>  go to Options>Select the Check Box "Look for unmanaged clients,Offlien servers etc".> click OK>Click on Find Now.

YOu need to enter your Domain, Your Domain admin username & password and say OK.

this will show you all the clients with there current status. Export them in csv format and paly around with them.

2)NO, It won't do automatic Roll out.
     You need to deploy the same from SSC>Tools>Client remote Install>Next default Location>Next> and then select around 10 machines and Roll out. This will also require Domain admin ID credentials.

For Workgroup machines you need to have the Local admin password.

Rgrds,
    SAM

• 4.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] Unmanaged Clients & automatic Client Rollout

Posted Apr 17, 2009 05:25 AM
    Hello folks!

Thanks for the quick answer!

Best regards,
    DWMIT

• 5.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] Unmanaged Clients & automatic Client Rollout

Posted Apr 22, 2009 08:14 PM
    I am running Find Computer, Audit Network and want to know what the "Sync Item" button is for?

Thanks
    Kurt

• 6.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] Unmanaged Clients & automatic Client Rollout

Posted Apr 22, 2009 08:26 PM
    Sync item will initiate a handshake with a missing primary SAV server and bring it to your SSC console.
    Good to use if you recently upgrade your SSC and see less ServerGroups there.

• 7.  RE: [SAV 10.1.8] Unmanaged Clients & automatic Client Rollout

Posted May 05, 2009 08:42 AM
    Hi @ll,
    I have of course read the thread from DWMIT and the solution. My problem is similar. I have a large global SAV environment with 1 server in the us, 1 in emea and 1 in apac. I am trying to upgrade clients in emea from 10.1 mr7 to mr8. I am using 

Symantec System Center
    Symantec Corporation
    Version: 10.1.8.8000

All of my clients are managed so, how can I deploy the new version to the clients on only 1 server?  I have exported my client list from the emea server as a .txt file (over 1000 clients). I attempt to import my list of clients  and upon attempting the rollout I receive the message "will not be installed because internet address was expected". How can I complete the upgrade?