Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SAV 10.2 Client Auto-Protect settings problem

Posted Dec 15, 2010 03:36 PM

SAV 10.2 on Win2k3r2, I have 5 client "groups" under System Hierarchy and am trying to modify the auto-protect exclusions. I right click on the group folder, select "All Tasks - Symantec AntiVirus - Client Auto-Protect Options..." and then click on "Exclusions". I need to set a couple folder exclusions so I select folder and then list the folders according (ie. C:\Program Files\Symantec"). Click "OK" and then "OK" again to close the Client Auto-Protect options. After stepping away for a while and coming back to check on the setting at one of the clients contained in the Group I set the exclusions on I notice that nothing has changed. I then went locally to a client and viewed the registry, again nothing in the "NoScanDir" that I have set at the Group level. Clients are WinXP btw.

The kicker here is that when I select an individual client from the SSC, in this case the local system I am testing with, and right click "All Tasks - Symantec AntiVirus - Client Auto-Protect Options..." and select the folder exclusions I want, when I go visit the local client physically the folder exclusions are now present under the "NoScanDir" registry key.

What would cause this to not work from the group settings level when it does work when I select an individual client from within the very same group? If I only had a handful of clients that need this exclusion it wouldn't be a huge deal, however I have over 1000+ systems spread across these 5 or so Groups. Any help would be much appreciated.

• 2.  RE: SAV 10.2 Client Auto-Protect settings problem

Posted Dec 15, 2010 04:59 PM

Check the following article and see if the exclusions are done as per the steps mentioned in the article

Title: 'How to create exclusions for files in Symantec AntiVirus 10.x and Symantec Client Security 3.x for Client Auto Protect (Realtime Scan).'
    Web URL: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH103090&locale=en_US

• 3.  RE: SAV 10.2 Client Auto-Protect settings problem

Posted Feb 03, 2011 07:54 AM

Auto-Protect exclusions do not apply to 2008 server unless "Reset All" is clicked in Symantec System Center
    Fix ID: 1401027
    Symptom: From Symantec System Center, apply Auto-Protect exclusions to a client group (that is not inheriting from the server group). The exclusions apply correctly to any Windows XP or Windows 2003 clients, but not Windows Server 2008.
    Solution: The registry keys are now correctly changed and updated on Server 2008.

Reference

Release notes for Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 Client for Vista and Windows Server 2008
    http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102297&locale=en_US