Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SAV CE v10.1 Email Notification?

Posted Jul 10, 2007 08:54 AM
    Can someone point me in the right direction on where I would configure email notifications in SAV CE 10.1?

The helpdesk wants an email when a virus is found or any other event.

For the life of me, I can't find a place to do it.

Thanks In Advanced!

Clay

• 2.  RE: SAV CE v10.1 Email Notification?

Posted Jul 10, 2007 12:58 PM
    there are two ways to do this:

1. The new way - if you have reporting server installed you can easily configure it to send emails based on certain criteria - one of these is virus found (check under the alerts tab in reporting)

2. The old way - use AMS Server to send emails when virus found messages appear in the server logs.

There is no functionality to send emails out from the SSC (or SAV product) itself, it has to be either through reporting (the preffered way) or AMS.

hope that helps, if you have any more questions just ask.

p.

• 3.  RE: SAV CE v10.1 Email Notification?

Posted Jul 10, 2007 02:08 PM
    That was the answer i was looking for....thanks!

One more question, which i hope you can answer or point me in the right direction.

When i go to install the reporting server, it wants to use the BKUPEXEC database and asks for a sa password.

We never gave any credentials for the backup exec database

it errors out everytime i try to install the reporting server

can you offer assistance with this?

thanks again in advance.

• 4.  RE: SAV CE v10.1 Email Notification?

Posted Jul 10, 2007 02:49 PM
    I'm not a BE expert, but I would guess that the version of MSDE that BackupExec installs is configured in Windows Authentication mode only.  Reporting server needs MSDE configured in mixed mode.

The easiest way (rather than messing with the BE instance) would be to install MSDE separately into another instance and then install reporting server to that.  I don't think the installer is intelligent enough yet to be able to create an instance for you.

hth

p.

• 5.  RE: SAV CE v10.1 Email Notification?

Posted Jul 10, 2007 07:34 PM
    Great! One step further.....I got it installed now and added it to the Symantec Console but when I click on the Reporting Server, I get the following:

You are not authorized to view this pageYou do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Please try the following:

• Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
    • Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.
    HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
    • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Authentication, and About Custom Error Messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for all the help!

• 6.  RE: SAV CE v10.1 Email Notification?

Posted Jul 12, 2007 10:18 AM
    have you tried these?

I've also seen problems with the PHP plugin not installed properly or not allowed to process data - take a look in the Extensions folder of IIS to ensure that "Reporter" is Allowed.

Message Edited by Paul Murgatroyd on 07-12-200703:28 PM