SAV for NAS performance tuning tips / Java tuning?
I was just wondering if there is a need to tune the default Java installation on a Symantec SAV for NAS installation and if somebody has experience with different memory tuning values.
Typical setup would be Windows 2008 R2 with 4GB RAM and Java runtime version 6 with RPC connection to a Netapp storage.
The following I did already:
- Tuning of the TCP settings, added MaxUserPorts with a value of 60000
- Set a timeout on the netapp if scan takes too long (vscan options abort_timeout set 50 and vscan options mandatory_scan off)
- Created a inclusion list on the netapp to scan only "dangerous files" (vscan options include)
- Have the SAV for NAS servers on dedicated 1Gbit interfaces connected to the Netapp on a dedicated switch.
- Use two redundant SAV servers for load balancing. (the netapp will do a automatic round robin type of LB)
- Is SAV for NAS faster on Windows or on Linux?
- Does it help to do some Java tuning? and if yes, which values should be changed?
- Is it recommended to run the direct link to the storage with Jumbo frames?
- Are shorter timeout values on the netapp recommended?
- Any other tuning tips?
Thanks for any input.