Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

SBE 12.5 - Full backup completely stopped

Created: 19 Jul 2010 • Updated: 21 Aug 2010 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

I have a full backup that was running just fine over the weekend until it got to a resource on a server. It was trying to copy a .dtsx file (SSIS package from SQL Server 2005; not in use just a flat file). The job typically runs in 21 hours however, after 35 hours of run time, I have attempted to cancel the job and it has been in "Cancel Pending" state for about an hour. I am running version 12.5 Rev. 2213 which I believe is the latest version of 12.5. I have not previously run into an error like this before. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

sazz.'s picture

That file might have been a lock by the system and not able to get backed up. BE got stuck on that file and not able to process any further. When you canceleed the job it still get stuck and not able to release it. Please recycle the BE services or kill the beengine process from the task manager.

SOLUTION
Khue's picture

Stopping and starting the BE services worked. I am still not sure what stopped the backup of the dtsx file. It appears that no one is using it.