Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  SBG 8.0.3 New Build on ESXi 4 using the OSRestore Method - Can't log into Control Center

Posted Feb 09, 2010 05:12 PM
    I followed the vSphere 4 instructions in the document entitled "Software update notes for Symantec Brightmail Gateway 8.0.3". I am able to configure the gateway through the initial CLI config successfully, then when I attempt to continue configuration through Control Center, I can't login. I get the license agreement screen, but the iframe that should contain the agreement text actually contains another login prompt. Clicking accept or decline will refresh the entire page back to the initial login screen. Any help with this would be appreciated.

This is the second time I've encountered this. The first time was when I tried to use the pre-configured vmware appliance. I thought I would be able to get past this with the new guidance in the article mentioned above.

Here's what it looks like:

2-9-2010 2-05-36 PM.png

• 2.  RE: SBG 8.0.3 New Build on ESXi 4 using the OSRestore Method - Can't log into Control Center
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 09, 2010 05:19 PM
    You are running into a known issue with IE8.

Please take a look at the following KB:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-gate.nsf/docid/2009063010374254

Regards,

Adnan

• 3.  RE: SBG 8.0.3 New Build on ESXi 4 using the OSRestore Method - Can't log into Control Center

Posted Feb 09, 2010 07:22 PM
    Perfect. I was able to get past this and finish the config. You have been very helpful today Adnan.

• 4.  RE: SBG 8.0.3 New Build on ESXi 4 using the OSRestore Method - Can't log into Control Center

Posted Feb 09, 2010 07:26 PM
    You are welcome.

Sean, can you please mark the suggestion that resolved your issue as the "Solution"?

Thanks

Adnan