Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  SBG 9.0.2 ann VMware ESXi 4.1 - lost connection after restart

Posted Jan 23, 2011 03:20 PM

Hi all,

If I restart the SBG virtual appliance, the connection is lost between SBG and VMware.

I have to shutdown the appliance, in VMware change auto MAC to Manual then BACK to auto MAC and SAVE. After this if I start the SBG appliance, the network connection functions.

ESXi is running on HP 360 G7.

I tested the Windows on the same virt. ports (VLan) to avoid wrong settings, but its function properly, it seems me something wrong in SBG 9.0.2.

I guess the problem is in the autonegotiation of the card or some in MAC addresses or order of the loading the drivers in SBG. I don't know to manage Red Hat (SBG).

1) What is your suggestion, to set Ethernet1 of SBG to Manual 1 Gb full duplex in GUI?

2) Which is the command line to set to autonegotiation back in case if I will lose the connection definitely and I will not have the access to the GUI of SBG? Per VMware console I have access into command line of the SBG (user "admin" only, not the root), even if the connection is lost. All is set on Ethernet1 include one virtual address for IM.

Thanx for any help

PaJi.

Here is the picture, how to look, if all is functioning...

• 2.  RE: SBG 9.0.2 ann VMware ESXi 4.1 - lost connection after restart

Posted Jan 23, 2011 04:19 PM

Hello,

I'm not sure to make you help but if you're using VMNET ver 3 adapters maybe you'll try to choose VMNET 2 adapters,newer version adapters may make some issues on Linux appliances.

Regards,

Oykun

• 3.  RE: SBG 9.0.2 ann VMware ESXi 4.1 - lost connection after restart

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2011 05:48 PM
    I am not certain we are certified on ESX 4.1 yet. The vmware drivers we provide are specific the the vmware products. I will have to test on that version. We are currently certified on the latest versions of ESX 3.5 and 4.0.

• 4.  RE: SBG 9.0.2 ann VMware ESXi 4.1 - lost connection after restart

Posted Jan 24, 2011 05:59 AM

Hi all,

ad 1)

I am new in all (VMware and SBG), I would try your suggest, but only FLEXIBLE driver is possible. I remember similar problem on linux based machines in autonegotiation (similar like here), but it was 5 years ago.

ad 2)

It is not possible to me install older product ESXi (other products). Till this time the testing SBG 9.0.2 in ver. 4.1 seems me good (but I am on beginning of tests and problem with Ethernet card), but it is only test, not hard runtime. I know the way, how to start it.... I will see...

I red (not sure on VMware or Symantec) that SBG 9.0.2 is for ESX 4.0 and later.

I would like to test the hard setting the negotiation (1 Gb, Full duplex).

What is the command line to return Ethernet card back to auto-negotiation. I am not linux man. Is it possible to do under "admin" user?

Thanx for your advices.

Have a nice day.

PaJi.