Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Scan Engine 5.2.11/SAV for NAS 5.2.11 - Manual Download Defintiions? win 2008 R2.

Created: 24 Feb 2012 • Updated: 27 Feb 2012 | 3 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi, long sotry short, you may of seen, we are having problems with Java LiveUpdate working from SE 5.2.11.

In the meanwhile is there a way to manually download the defs?  I have tried going to the liveupdate site and downloading the package for Windows, that ends in i32.exe, but I get this message:

Is there a 64bit version or manual container I can download and copy to reelvant directory to get this up to date?

Getting desperate here, any help appreciated!

Thanks

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

TSE-JDavis's picture

I posted this on your other thread too, but for clarity, you need to follow this document on a 64-bit operating system:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

SOLUTION
Davinci_uk's picture

Maybe we can close one of this discussions.

Just for claritiy, I followed all documents to the word, but could not manage a mnaully download.  ISA (our proxy) had a rule not to allow forwarding of username and password (that is contained in the conf file) - we opened this tempirarily to get te updates (which then worked via console) - for producuton I am going to see if we cna use our Live Update server, but I was still surprised the manual way did not work, although confident it would of worked on 32bit OS.

thanks