Video Screencast Help

Scan Engine/SAV for NAS - Manual Liveupdate?? Win 2008 R2.

Created: 24 Feb 2012 | 11 comments

Hi, long sotry short, you may of seen, we are having problems with Java LiveUpdate working from SE 5.2.11.

In the meanwhile is there a way to manually download the defs?  I have tried going to the liveupdate site and downloading the package for Windows, that ends in i32.exe, but I get this message:

Is there a 64bit version or manual container I can download and copy to reelvant directory to get this up to date?

Getting desperate here, any help appreciated!

Thanks

Comments 11 CommentsJump to latest comment

Davinci_uk's picture

Thank You Pete - sorry for duplicate.

Never know which board to put on - think one is more quiet than the other!

Having a read and test now.

Davinci_uk's picture

Hi,

As the article suggests I try the i86.exe file (as no SEP on my test box), but I get the following message:

Trying the 64bit one now...

Davinci_uk's picture

Try the 64bit version and get this message:

Is there a way to extract the contents of the defs and dump them in the directory manually?  Seem to be stuck ina  opp that its doesn;lt like being on a 64bit OS?

Davinci_uk's picture

I have managed a bodge for now, but it still does not work - think I will look to use our central LUA - thanks for the help Pete.

BenDC's picture

The following article guides you though updating Scan Engine defs manually on your 64bit os.

Intelligent Updater not working with Symantec Scan Engine 5.2 installed on 64-bit Operating System.: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...