Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 05, 2010 07:17 AM

Hi All,

Is there a management pack available for this?

Thanks,
    Phil.

• 2.  RE: SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 05, 2010 08:29 AM
    I think you posted in wrong form .This form is for antivirus

• 3.  RE: SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 05, 2010 08:50 AM

Ok, lets make this clearer. As its an anti-virus forum is there a management pack for the SEP manager?

• 4.  RE: SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 05, 2010 08:57 AM
    SEP manager is a software which is used to mange sep clients.

• 5.  RE: SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 05, 2010 10:00 AM

Are you kidding me? or do you just enjoy butting in on conversations that you have no idea about?

AravindKM please go away and let the adults answer this question.

Does anyone else know if there is a SCOM management pack available for the SEP manager? I would like to feed the statistics into our enterprise management system.

Thanks everyone else except AravindKM.

• 6.  RE: SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 05, 2010 10:12 AM
    In fact your question in not clear for me.If you are putting some question in like these forums pls specify what is your exact requirement/problem.The persons who is rising problems in this form will include people even who is having no knowledge in these softwares.The person who is answering cannot predict his knowledge ,one he will predict from the post done by the poster.

• 7.  RE: SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 05, 2010 10:30 AM
    AravindKM

SCOM is a program put out by Microsoft   System Center Operations Manager,   It is the succesor to MOM.   This program allows people with large enterprise environments to monitor their organizations systems and trigger alerts and or actions based off of certian criteria.   May manufactures put out what is called a managment pack that allows their software to talk to the SCOM server.   This is a very valid question to have in the form and I would love to know the answer to this as well.

• 8.  RE: SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 05, 2010 11:28 AM
    According to another thread regarding SEP and SCOM and Symantec Employee responded saying that they couldn't find one.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sep-management-pack-scom-2007-opsmgr

• 9.  RE: SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 06, 2010 12:41 AM
    Thank you for the information.What I thought is he is talking about some other product of symantec.It is very common that many people who is just beginners also will post queries here.I thought this is one among them.In such post they will be using may short forms which is not in common use for specifying a product.So it is very difficult to understand what exactly they mean.

• 10.  RE: SCOM 2007 R2 Integration

Posted May 06, 2010 06:07 AM
    Hi Phil,

There is no pre-built management pack, but it's possible to write your own management pack for MOM or SCOM to query the SEPM's health.  This article may help:  Can Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager be monitored by Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM)? (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008061622510548)

Another thought, completely untested and unsupported but just might work.... I understand that SCOM has the ability to collect events from Syslog, and the SEPM has the capability to export events to be parsed by syslog.  For information on SEPM's External Logging capabilities, check out the admin guide and SEPM built-in help! 

Symantec has its own tool to store, manage, query, etc the logs from many computers- Symantec Security Information Manager.  You can learn more about it here: http://www.symantec.com/business/security-information-manager

Please let the forum know if there are any additional queries!

Thanks and best regards,

Mick