Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Script job failing -1073741502

Created: 06 Feb 2013 • Updated: 22 Feb 2013 | 6 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello.

My script jobs keep failing today with the result code -1073741502

These have worked in the past and are running with domain admin credentials, i have confirmed that the domain account is active and that the password is good.

If i create the batch file on a local computer and run it as admin the batch executes fine.

Any ideas on what could be causing this error?

I am using windows 7 x64 and DS 7.1 sp1

Thanks in advance.

Comments 6 CommentsJump to latest comment

andykn101's picture

Sounds likeyou have this problem:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH12844

"...a non-silent installation program that needed a reboot at the end of the install..."

If it's an msi you need /qn.

What the batch file doing? You'ree usually better off using the native functionality of Altiris to run programs, rather than batching them.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.

network101's picture

Hello. Thanks for your reply.

This batch file is very basic and just checks for existing directories / copies /pastes files to some other directories.

it doesn't install anything

This appears to only effect a couple of computers. I have uninstalled and re-installed the clients on the effected computers. tried the /resetguid command.

All the other computers that this was run on worked successfully. This shows that the config of cms is ok and running the batch file is also ok.

I would say that this issue is computer configuration related although i can't confirm.

additionally UAC isn't enabled on the effected pc's.

andykn101's picture

Perhaps your /Y switches aren't correct so if it tries to copy over an existing file it fails then.

You could try capturing the output of the batch file by appending >>batch.log 2>&1 to each line.

Authorised Symantec Consultant (ASC) with Endpoint Management Limited, an Authorised Symantec Delivery Provider based in the UK.

Connect Etiquette: Please "Mark as Solution" posts that fix your problem.

network101's picture

Hello. The script works already on at least 20 computers. The job and scrip are ok.

I think the issue is with the client configuration.

I have noticed that when I use RAAD. I get an error saying to check the log.

I have also attached a photo of what might be the actual error although im still narrowing it down.

disabled items.jpg raad.jpg
mclemson's picture

What happens when you update the command line to include a logging option, run it on a computer that fails, then review the log it created?

Mike Clemson, Senior Systems Engineer, ASC
Intuitive Technology Group -- Symantec Platinum Partner
intuitivetech.com

network101's picture

Thanks for the suggestions. I have ran the batch file on my machine and noticed lots of access denied messages, I enabled UAC (user account control) then rebooted, and then disabled UAC.

This has resolved my issue.

SOLUTION