Video Screencast Help

SD 7.5: Email Monitor Group Assignment Missing

Created: 09 Nov 2012 • Updated: 26 Aug 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Now, I may have caused this but am not sure. When the email monitor ingests an email with "New Incident" in the subject line, the email becomes a ticket however it doesn't assign it to any service queue, not even the Service Manager's queue. I don't know if this was casued because I changed the name of the default queue or not. Does anyone have any ideas? Is this actually the expected behavior, that an incident get fully created but not actually assigned to any queue? I also don't see a rule for it in automation to be able to assign them there.

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

jmankin's picture

I believe its because you renamed the default queue. Under Application properties > ServiceDesk settings > section, Incident Management there is a property for "Default Service Queue". The default setting here is "Default Incident queue" that was created during installation. I would try editing this field with the your new default queue name.  Incident mangement will look at this property in the application settings and set the default assignment.

jpellet2's picture

That did it! I knew I changed the Service Queue name, I just overlooked where to change it on the Application Properties page!