SDR Restore of backup server - conclusions
Just done a simplified disaster recovery test. Restored system info: Windows Enterprise 2008 R2 64bit SP1, installed applications Backup Exec server 2012, installed OS roles/features: Hyper-V, MS clustering (this server is a node of a cluster).
Unfortunately not all services/applications were up and running correctly after the restore. What are your conclusions after this process? What problems have you encountered during the process and after that?
Please find our remarks:
- Except one thing the restore process were done smoothly. The only problem that appeared was an error after EULA acceptance that said: Process 'X:\windows\system32\wpeutil' reported an error executing the requested operation. The system was restored from mapped drive and the size backup was about 80GB. The whole operation took about 50 minutes.
- After the restore the hyper-v and cluster services were not up and running. We were not able to run services nvspwmi (service management for hyper-v) and vmms (Hyper-v virtual machines management). System event logged 14096, 17040 (The authorization store could not be initialized: 'msxml://C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Virtual Machine Manager\HyperVAuthStore.xml'. Error: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format) and 14112.
- We were not able to migrate virtual machines from the main node into the restored one. The logged events 1146 and 1230.
- No possibility to run scheduled backup jobs due to the incorrect authorizations: Error: a000964c, The job failed with the following error:
- Backup Exec was unable to open an existing VHD because the VHD may be corrupted or because you may not have logged on as an administrator.
- We needed to update the backup exec agents on our servers and reconfigured the backup job for our HA (the SDR was offline) - it was enogh to deselect the selections and select them again.
In case of any further problems that will appear I try to update the remarks.
Please share your expierience.