SDRO 6.1: How to configure and test an on-premises-to-Microsoft Azure disaster recovery configuration
Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 6.1 (SDRO) lets you configure on-premises applications for disaster recovery (DR) or migration to the Microsoft Azure cloud. After you configure an application for DR or migration, you can run fire drills on the configuration. As part of a fire drill, SDRO tests whether an application can be migrated to or recovered in the cloud in case of a failure at the on-premises site. During the testing, SDRO brings the application online in a separate cloud network, without disrupting your production environment.
The Console installation wizard prompts you to specify the network and subnet to be used for fire drills. You may specify these values at the time of installation, or later, using the Console UI.
For information about creating a virtual network in the cloud for performing fire drills, see the Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 6.1 Deployment Guide.
You may also need to enable clients to access applications within a fire drill network.
For information about performing fire drills and changing the fire drill settings for an application, see the Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 6.1 Administration Guide.
To configure and run a fire drill, perform the following tasks from the Console UI:
- Use the Disaster Recovery Orchestrator Configuration Wizard to configure an application for DR or migration to the cloud. The wizard configures the components that are required for performing fire drills on the application.
- Specify the bubble network and the subnet to be used for fire drills on the Settings tab of the application in the Console UI. The existing values are based on the recovery settings of the Console. You may change these values for your application.
- Run a fire drill to test the application recovery configuration.
- Optionally, you may view the reports of the fire drill operations that were performed earlier.
For more information, see the following topics:
- Enabling clients to access applications within a fire drill network
- Configuring an application for disaster recovery
- Changing the disaster recovery settings of an application
- Testing a disaster recovery configuration by performing a fire drill
- Viewing reports of disaster recovery operations
Additional SDRO documentation can be found on the SORT website.