SDRO 6.1: How to configure an on-premises application for disaster recovery or migration to Microsoft Azure
Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator (SDRO) 6.1 lets you configure an on-premises custom application for disaster recovery (DR) or migration to the Microsoft Azure cloud.
For information about preparing the cloud infrastructure for SDRO and installing the product, see the Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 6.1 Deployment Guide.
For information about configuring the application for DR or migration, see the Symantec Disaster Recovery Orchestrator 6.1 Administration Guide.
To configure an application for DR or migration:
- Identify a virtual machine in the cloud or create a new one to host the application in case a failure occurs at the on-premises site.
- Install and configure the application on the virtual machine to match the setup at the on-premises host.
- Use the Disaster Recovery Orchestrator Configuration Wizard to:
- Select an application from your on-premises environment.
- Select a virtual machine in the cloud to host the application after DR or migration.
- Configure the application for monitoring on its on-premises and cloud hosts.
- Select the application data folders that need to be replicated for consistency.
For more information, see the following topics:
- About creating virtual machines in Azure
- Considerations for configuring an application for recovery
- Configuring an application for disaster recovery
Additional SDRO documentation can be found on the SORT website.