Endpoint Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEE 7.0.3 - Any problems with Encrypting a Machine Not On Our Domain

• 1.  SEE 7.0.3 - Any problems with Encrypting a Machine Not On Our Domain

Posted Mar 18, 2010 04:23 PM
    Hello All and I am glad to be part of this forum now,

We are currently in the process of a BETA where we are deploying a whole security solution to over 4,000 Advisors all across the United States. We are managing it with Altiris 7, Using SEP 11.0, SEE 7.0.3 (Hopefully Upgrading to .5 soon), and DLP. We are in the very early stages, still testing.

Right now I have one major question in regards to the SEE Client.

Is it currently possible to be able to deploy a SEE Package that will be able to manually install on machines outside are domain and somehow created a redirect in the package so it will allow for communication to our server across the internet?

Then when we bring these users onto our Domain is it quite feasible, or possible, to make a simple change that would allow for a repoint/redirect so communication will continue like it is supposed.

Basically, I am trying to weigh the pro's and con's of an Encrypting a non domain machine and see if it will be feasible to integrate to the rest of our packages easily and make sure it functions correctly when we do joint those machines to our domain.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Additionally, expect me to be a major poster in here.

thank you very much

The Greek

• 2.  RE: SEE 7.0.3 - Any problems with Encrypting a Machine Not On Our Domain

Posted Mar 19, 2010 10:14 AM
    Hey Greek, the answer to your question is it is definitely POSSIBLE. Let me tell how ..... for ex 100 machines are on domain and 100 on workgroup scrattered all around States. The machines that are there on domain you can deploy the see client packages using GPO | SMS | SCCM | Script or by any third party tool and it should work fine.

For the machines that are on workgroup and scattered for them the best way I would recommend you will be installing the packages manually on the machines. The installation is dead easy -- few clicks and you are good to go. These machine if you join to domain after few months then also there will be no issue. 

The machines on the domain will check in with the server as normal. The machines that are on workgroup they'll check in if they are on the same network. If not then they can manually check in to the SEE server once they are connected to the office network.Let me know if this answers your question.

• 3.  RE: SEE 7.0.3 - Any problems with Encrypting a Machine Not On Our Domain

Posted Mar 22, 2010 10:46 AM
    Awesome thank you!

• 4.  RE: SEE 7.0.3 - Any problems with Encrypting a Machine Not On Our Domain

Posted Mar 22, 2010 11:36 PM
    your welcome