Endpoint Encryption

View Only

SEE 7.0.4 Installation and SQL...

• 1.  SEE 7.0.4 Installation and SQL...

Posted Nov 23, 2009 04:08 AM
    Hello,

Does anyone know why the SEE installation requires SA rights?  We have tried with an account that has DB owner and DB create rights, but get an error during isntalaltion about the Master database??

We use a SQL cluster will mutiple isntances.  Each instance has live databases.  DBA's' (rightly so), will not give us SA access to these instances, however will allow us to create and have full rights over a DB.  Does anyone know why and what tables/records get modified in MASTER db for that isntance?

Also, I went down a different route of creating the DB first, assigning all the perms.

When it came to install I choose 'existing database', use the correct account credentials, but I reeceive a blank Symantec dialogue box!?  If I click OK I am returned to the isntallwizard.  Symantec documentation, said you can pre create the DB first, but it doesn;t appear to work.  I run the setup with a log file and get a simialr error about permisisons and modifying the Master DB.

Unfortunately, we cannot use a local instance of SQL, as would not be supported for the customer - it has to be on the SQL cluster.  DBA's will be relunctant to grant a whole instance for a single DB as well.

Any thoughts/experience on this?

Blank error messages seem a little worrying!

Thanks