Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  SEE 7.0.5

Posted Nov 02, 2010 02:05 PM

Couple questions that i talked to Symantec about and what they told me.

First ill start with the Client admin. username and passwords are not working on all computer that have SEE installed. We have some Client admins. that for some reason their credentials are working on some PC's but not all. I started to think that if SEE was installed lets say on 1/1 and a new IT employee stars on 3/1 then his username and password we supply to him won't trickle down to computer that has SEE installed prior to the creation of his new Client admin. account. I dont' know if this is true or not but the corolation is wierd. So i called Symantec and they told me to create a new Native policy and implement in that new policy over the current ones we have setup for desktop and laptops. The new Native policy has an inherited .msi file from last year with the normal list of Client admins. However on the .msi i created the 2 new names of the new IT employees. So now it has the list of all Client admins. Upon deploying it i read that you can go to a desktop and have the computer Check-in and then the new employee's username and password will work on SEE. I tried that on on PC and tried his login info and it still says "Invalid username and password".

Also after making this change a user called and said he had to restart his computer and it will hang on Installing Symantec enpoint Encryption. After about 1-3 minutes it will come back with an error of: the application returned a status of [0x80000001] in the state STATE_INITILIZED. So is there corolation between the new native policy i created and this error or is it just a random issue?

• 2.  RE: SEE 7.0.5

Posted Nov 04, 2010 04:33 AM

Can we just confirm that you're not using active directory policies in addition to native?

For your second point, are you definately using 7.0.5? It used to be an issue in previous versions.