• 1.  SEE 7.0.6 Lenovo R500 WinXP Single Sign On

Posted Aug 18, 2010 09:15 AM
    System info:
    Lenovo R500 2714-A7U
    WindowsXP SP2 (Clean install)
    SEE 7.0.6

ThinkVantage Applications:
    System Update
    Wireless (Configured to connect to corporate wireless network using windows credentials. Company wireless uses cisco extensions)

Issue experienced:
    User is prompted for windows login information after completing the SEE login.

Any help is would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: SEE 7.0.6 Lenovo R500 WinXP Single Sign On

Posted Aug 18, 2010 11:33 AM

Have you definately enabled SSO when creating the client package?

• 3.  RE: SEE 7.0.6 Lenovo R500 WinXP Single Sign On

Posted Sep 29, 2010 11:01 AM

Yes, SSO is enabled. We have almost 200 laptops running the SEE client with SSO working properly. The majority of our equipment are Dell. In an inititave to save money we purchased 7 Lenovo R500 laptops. All of the Lenovo laptops experience the same double logon.

There are two pieces of lenovo software which I suspect to be part of the problem. The finger scanner & the wireless software both have pre-login features configured.

The finger scanner software has been removed from one system for testing, but didn't resolve the issue. The wireless software is something that will be harder to remove as it configured to use the users windows credentials to connect to our wireless network. The other reason the wireless software is needed is because Windows XP doesn't support wireless Cisco extensions. If we were running windows 7 we might be able to get around this issue, but we aren't migrating anytime soon.

• 4.  RE: SEE 7.0.6 Lenovo R500 WinXP Single Sign On
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 29, 2010 11:56 AM
    Yeh I suspect you're right, the SSO component works by replacing the windows GINA so if something already has control of that I guess it wont be able to do what it wants. We use lenovos (different spec) and don't see the problem and don't have wireless preauth.

• 5.  RE: SEE 7.0.6 Lenovo R500 WinXP Single Sign On

Posted Sep 29, 2010 01:18 PM

I wonder if it'd be possible to allow both to run? I have little knowledge of GINA and how to modify it. Which means I'll be doing some hw =) Thanks for the replies.

• 6.  RE: SEE 7.0.6 Lenovo R500 WinXP Single Sign On

Posted Sep 30, 2010 03:14 AM
    As far as I know it's one thing or another and you can't combine both - it loads a DLL / replaces the standard windows one. Let us know if you do find a way...