Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  SEE 8.0 > 8.2 Upgrade via SCCM 2007

Posted Apr 02, 2012 07:04 AM

All,

I am looking to deploy an upgrade of SEE via SCCM but am having terrible trouble as the advertisment will not even run with the error code of 1602 (user cancelled) but this is a silent install with the command line below?

msiexec /i "20120307 Full Disk 8.2.0MP2.msi" reinstall=all reinstallmode=vomus /silent /norestart

Has anybody managed to upgrade via SCCM before? I am looking to test before deploying to over 1000 machines so need to automate as silently as possible with minimal disruption?

I appriciate any knowledge you all have on this procedure as am not having much luck at all.

• 2.  RE: SEE 8.0 > 8.2 Upgrade via SCCM 2007
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 04, 2012 04:49 AM

...this looks fairly clear.

That should be /quiet for a silent install; if you do a Start->Run->"msiexec /?" you can get a list of all the switches.

Also to help investigation, you can enable MSIEXEC logging using the /l* switch(es).

Can you also confirm that the Framework Client was pushed out first, and how this upgrade goes/went?

On a final off-topic note, that client package name looks surprisingly familiar, and is exactly how I like to name my SEE Client install files!

• 3.  RE: SEE 8.0 > 8.2 Upgrade via SCCM 2007

Posted Apr 19, 2012 04:26 AM

Indeed this was the problem however I now have more problems as the MSi has a return code of 3010 which then trigers a reboot when I dont want a reboot as I am running Framework update first(no restart) & then the Full disk with SCCM restarting when the Task Sequence is completed.

"msiexec /i ""20120307 Full Disk 8.2.0MP2.msi"" /quiet REINSTALL=""ALL"" REINSTALLMODE=""vomus"" REBOOT=ReallySuppress"

The issue is that I have had to wrap into a VBs changing the exit code to 0

This all works well manually with no reboots etc when run direct on test laptops, But as soon as tested via SCCM the Task Sequence fails with

'Program exit code 1'

'Script for Package:CEN00065, Program: Framework Install failed with exit code 1' in the execmgr.log

I have attached my wrapper for any assistance or explinations are out there as this is now bugging me as to what is creating the exit code & fail.

I hope this all makes sense & someone out there can help me with my probs.

- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -- - - - - -

Dim Retval
    Retval=0

' *** Install Application. ***
    Dim WSHShell
    Set WSHShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

' open normal and don't wait
    ' wscript.echo "msiexec /i ""20120307 Full Disk 8.2.0MP2.msi"" /quiet REINSTALL=""ALL"" REINSTALLMODE=""vomus"" REBOOT=ReallySuppress", 1, True
    ' WshShell.Run "msiexec /i ""20120307 Full Disk 8.2.0MP2.msi"" /quiet REINSTALL=""ALL"" REINSTALLMODE=""vomus"" REBOOT=ReallySuppress", 1, True
    Set WSHShell = Nothing

' *** show us what RETVAL is, unrem to see what retval = ***
    'MsgBox "The actual return code was " &retval

' *** unrem to set to 3010 for testing ***
    'retval = 3010

If retval = 3010 Then
    'MsgBox "The return code was 3010, resetting to 0"
    else
    'MsgBox "The actual return code was " &retval
    WScript.Quit(Retval)
    End If

' *** set the return value to 0 anyway. ***