Endpoint Encryption

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEE 8.2.0 HF1 - Installation error: Please ensure the management server database version is 9.7.0

• 1.  SEE 8.2.0 HF1 - Installation error: Please ensure the management server database version is 9.7.0

Posted Feb 01, 2012 12:27 PM

We were running SEE 8.2.0. My manager got an HP Elitebook 8460p. SEE fails to detect USB keyboard on this model, but have solved that problem in their latest 8.2.0 hot fix 1 release. I created a case with Symantec so I could get a link to the download, which seems like more work than it should be to get a hot fix downloaded. I tried to install the SEE Management Server. It gets almost done with the install, then tells me "Please ensure the management server database version is 9.7.0".

I uninstalled all SEE products, rebooted, tried to install just the mgmt server, same error. Asked our SQL guy if that sounds like an SQL version. It doesn't.

Not sure what is wrong. I guess I'll try create a new database during the SEE mgmt installation.

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks.

• 2.  RE: SEE 8.2.0 HF1 - Installation error: Please ensure the management server database version is 9.7.0

Posted Feb 02, 2012 10:05 PM

Hi,

Possible cause : -

1. A previous installation interruption
    2. Trying to install an older version

Solution :

1. Backup the SQL database
    2. Uninstall the current SEE Manager without removing the database
    3. Uninstall the SEE Framework without removing the database
    4. Install a latest version of SEE Manager and Framework.

For your ref. please check the below link:

Hope this helps you!!