Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  SEE 8.2.1 Client-Side TLS/SSL Cert

Posted Feb 24, 2015 05:04 PM

This is in regards to establishing secure communication between the SEE Mgmt server and the Cient computer.

According to the SEE-FD 8.2.1 Installation Guide, for configuring the cliend-side TLS/SSL certificate, the cert needs to be in .CER format, and it is the ROOT CERT of the same CA that issued the server-side TLS/SSL certificate.

Server-side TLS/SSL

• I imported a certificate into the personal certificate store for
    • In the SEE Configuration Manager -> Web Configuration Manager tab, when I hit browse, the cert came up

Client-sde TLS

• In the SEE Configuration Manager -> Web Configuration Manager tab, when I hit browse, I browsed to the folder where the root cert resides, but it said "Invalid Certification Selected"

Am I missing a step?

Do I need to import the cert into IIS, if so, can you provide me the detailed instruction. I cannot find anything on the installation guide.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: SEE 8.2.1 Client-Side TLS/SSL Cert

Posted Feb 25, 2015 01:40 AM

Hello Lai,

For the client Side, please try the following

1. On the client machine , go to MMC--->>Add/remove snap in. Add computer account and click on Finish

2. Right click on Trusted root Authority--->>Import certificate , import the same certificte that you have generated for IIS.

3. Once the certificate is imported, right click on the certificate and click on Export.

4. Export it in format DER encoded binary X.509 (.CER).

5. Save it on your Desktop.

6. Go to Client-Side TLS\SSl Certificate and browse the certificate.

Let me know if that works for you.

• 3.  RE: SEE 8.2.1 Client-Side TLS/SSL Cert
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2015 10:57 AM

Greetings,

Please review this article for SEE 8.2.X and below versions for setting up a SSL connection

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166373

Thanks and Regards

Varun