Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Seeking security rev update for PGP Desktop 9.9.1.287

Posted Aug 09, 2011 06:48 PM

Secunia PSI continues to flag my version of PGP Desktop 9.9.1.287 as insecure, noting that the latest version including one or more security fixes is 9.10.0.0.

I have tried to get updates thru my app instance but the response to update is a Dialog box:

Product manifest from the PGP Corporation update server fails the integrity check. Please try again later.

This has gone on for a long time. PGP is the only red flag I get.

How do I download 9.10.0.0 or whatever is the lastest rev of Desktop 9.x

Your website deflects ordinary inquiry. Can you please point me to the location for download?

• 2.  RE: Seeking security rev update for PGP Desktop 9.9.1.287
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 09, 2011 08:56 PM

This PDF describes the current update/upgrade process.  Because of the transition of PGP ownership from PGP Corp to Symantec, it was necessary to eliminate that Check For Update option in the later 9.x and the current 10.x products.  9.12 was the last 9.x version; the current version is 10.2.

• 3.  RE: Seeking security rev update for PGP Desktop 9.9.1.287

Posted Aug 30, 2011 08:37 PM

Hi!

I'm trying to go through the process described in the PDF (which seems really painful and the use of incorrect slashes in the 2nd hyperlink text makes me nervous).

I created an account at https://mysupport.symantec.com/ but when I try to log in I get the following message:

"The MySupport application has encountered a program error. You can either try again or contact  Symantec Technical Services"

That page directs me to the forums and has a billion other links as well, so I thought I'd come back here where I first found the PDF.

• 4.  RE: Seeking security rev update for PGP Desktop 9.9.1.287

Posted Sep 04, 2011 01:22 PM

Has this been resolved?  I hope it was just a temporary server glitch.

• 5.  RE: Seeking security rev update for PGP Desktop 9.9.1.287

Posted Sep 08, 2011 08:12 PM

No, I am still getting the same error.

My options for support on this appear to be limited to phone, so I'm hoping someone can help me here so I don't have to get on the phone.

(Also, I have notifications on for this thread, and yet I didn't get an email when you replied to the above. However, I did manage to get the marketing newsletter that you guys sent me that I don't recall signing up for when I created my account!@#)