Seeking Some NetBackup Questions to be answered - Please Help
1. There is a Tape library with 10 drives ...Can we able to create 2 Storage units.....?
2. There are 1000 Client machines , 999 machines are transfering datas in good speed but one client machine is taking too long to transfer a datas ..... that is ...backup should complete within 2 hours ..but after 12 hours and more ...the data transfer is still happening.... why?
3. Tell me about the error 84 and how u will troubleshoot?
4. How do you configure a client for automatic backups?
5. What's the difference between diff incr and cumulative incr? What happens when I mix them on Windows client... Unix client?
6. How is a changed file determined on Windows and what happens afterwards for each type of backup? How is a changed file determined on Unix?
7. When would I, or would I not, use cross mount points?
8. What is the difference between a Volume Group and a Volume Pool?
9. How do you back up the catalog? Why is this important? What do you have todo if you don't have a catalog backup?
10. How do you recover the catalog?
11. How do you configure retention levels for a backup?
12. If I install the Admin client on an NT workstation, what else has to be done for it to work... be an authorized server?
13. What is multiplexing? What is multiple data streams? Are they the same?
14. Can I have one without the other... both... ? where are they configured?
15. What determines the number of jobs a client can run? What determines the number of jobs that will go to a single drive?
16. What is OTM? TIR?
17. What format does NetBackup write the tape in?
18. How does NetBackup tie together with Media Manager?
19. How do I create a Storage Unit that will only be used by one client?
20. What is the difference between the expiration date for a volume in NetBackup's media catalog and Media Manager's volume database?
21. What is the process in which NetBackup decides if a tape is available and which one it will use? Will media servers share tapes? Will retention levels be mixed on a tape? What happens if the requested pool is out of tapes?
22. What is the difference between a frozen volume and a suspended volume?
23. How many Robot Control Hosts can a DLT tape library have?
24. What does the bpbkar process do? bpsched? bpbrm? bpdbm? ltid? What process controls a DLT tape library... a DLT tape drive? What is the AVRD process?
25. Why is the catalog the most important component of Netbackup?
26. What does status 59 mean in the activity monitor?
27. If you have an exchange database backup with a status 1 in the activity monitor what would you do?
28. On a windows box if you encountered a status 11, what is the problem?
29. Why is a binary catalog more efficient than an ASCII catalog?
30. What is BPRD?
31. If you have a SCSI attached robot and in device monitor you see the drives marked as AVR, what does that mean and how would you fix it?
32. If I asked you to tell me if a client has Netbackup on it just by using a telnet command what would you do?
33. If you wanted to know what IP address netbackup was using to perform backups what command would you run and where would you run it?
34. If an exchange server has four storage groups, how would you set it up so that all four databases get sent to a different tape drive at the same time?
35. If you have an Exchange database on box ab1 and you want to set NBU to backup both the database and "C:\, F:\, System_state" how would you set up the policy and or polcies to do this while using the same volume pool?
36. If a media ID A04567 comes back and it is frozen, what are the steps to unfreeze it and move it back to scratch from the command line?
37. If you wanted to bypass netbackup commands and move a tape from slot 1 to drive 3 how would you do that?
38. What does this command do? Vmcheckxxx -rt tld -rn 0 brnyc-eb01 -vmhost brnyc-eb01 -list?
39. If your last catalog backup was two days ago and the master server crashed what would you have to do to bring your environment back up to present time?
40. How do you find a disk based image via the command line and then delete it?
41. How do you import an NBU image that has been written to a disk storage unit?
42. What are the critical catalogs or databases on a Media Server?
43. How would you tune NetBackup to increase backup performance?