My sem5.log is growing huge in size and i have no control...
1) Stop the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and Symantec Embedded Database Service.
2) Rename / Delete the current log
3) Click Start, click on Run and Type "CMD" then click OK
4) In the Command Prompt type: "CD C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\ASA\win32\" and press Enter this will change directories to the folder containing dbsrv11.exe.
5) To force the recreation of sem5.log. Type: "dbsrv11 -f "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\sem5.db" and press Enter
6) Click Start, click on Run and Type "services.msc" then click OK and start the Symantec Embedded Database Service
7) Start the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service.
you can check this artical.
Thanks In Advance
Just got off the phone with Symantec Support.
They had me create a batch file with the below in it. We then scheduled it to run on a weekly basis through the "Scheduled Task" list.
net stop semsrv
net stop SQLANYs_sem5
attrib -r "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\sem5.log"
del "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\db\sem5.log"
net start SQLANYs_sem5
net start semsrv
Hope this helps as I've ran into this a few times now with Small Business Edition.
As Andy suggested, the use of a batch file seems to be the best option while awaiting MP1 but even if there should not be any problem by applying such script, keep in mind that this is not official or supported.
For those who would have difficulties, go to the How To: