Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 11 MR4 - Event ID 7011

Posted Apr 07, 2009 11:00 AM

Just tried connecting to my server via RDP and ended up getting nothing but a grey screen.   So I went to the console, tried to log on and I can't get to a desktop.   Ctrl - Alt - Del doesn't do anything at this point.   Came back to my workstation and used computer management to view the logs on the server.   Starting just after 9 this morning, I have several error messages with Event ID 7011 "Timeout waiting for a transaction response from the Symantec Antivirus Service".   

The server is a DC running Windows 2003 w/ latest SP, patches, etc...    Symantec Backup Exec is also installed on the server.   Any thoughts on where to go from here.  The searches I have done haven't pulled anything that seems to help. 

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: SEP 11 MR4 - Event ID 7011

Posted Apr 07, 2009 03:11 PM
    Any recent maintenance schedules for this server? Do you have the full logs of eventviewer app and system logs?

• 3.  RE: SEP 11 MR4 - Event ID 7011

Posted Apr 07, 2009 05:11 PM

1.  There have been no changes made on the server that I'm aware of in the last several weeks.  I have asked the other person who has access to that if they had done anything and was told no.
    2.  Yes, I can access the logs through Computer Management, and then using the connect to another computer option.   

• 4.  RE: SEP 11 MR4 - Event ID 7011

Posted Apr 07, 2009 06:01 PM
    How about a restart? can you post some logs application and system logs?

• 5.  RE: SEP 11 MR4 - Event ID 7011

Posted May 22, 2009 04:52 PM
    Application and System logs would be really helpful in this case.

We need to isolate whats causing this issue. May be you can stop the Symantec service and try to do the RDP session again.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Aniket

• 6.  RE: SEP 11 MR4 - Event ID 7011

Posted May 24, 2009 09:10 PM
    Please post full logs...

You can view the Application and System Logs by going to

Click Start -> Click Run -> type: eventvwr.msc > Click Ok
    On the left column you will see Application and System Log Categories.