Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

SEP 11 r5002 package problem

• 1.  SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Oct 30, 2009 03:55 PM
    i'm having an issue with my SEPM.

i created a package to push to my SEP clients.  creating the package and exporting = no problem.

however, for some reason, the package that was pushed to my clients installed NTP when my settings are clearly marked for AV and PTP only.

therefore, i wanted to create a new package to test with.   the problem is that when i start to create the package, i point to the source files and the extracting starts, but then

i get an error stating that the package already exists.  not sure why....i change the names of the package, location of the source files and verified that my temp directory, where the

files are temporarliy extracted to are clean of any previous versions/copies of files.

anyone else run into this?

thanks.

• 2.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Oct 30, 2009 05:02 PM
    Hello
    rcarvalh's picture

• 3.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Oct 30, 2009 06:57 PM
    did those things.  that isn't the problem.

the problem is that my SEPM won't allow me to delete the package or create a new one.

bj

• 4.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Oct 30, 2009 07:28 PM
    The error mentioned seems to be associated to adding a client install package in the Endpoint protection manager. From the description that you have given, it seems that you want to create a new client install package to deploy to the clients. Please follow the instructions in the following link to do so.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007110513361348

• 5.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Oct 30, 2009 08:23 PM
    If possible please post a screenshot of the error

• 6.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Oct 30, 2009 08:45 PM
    the link was already suggested and doens't work for me.

the error is simple.

"This package alredy exists".

it seems to be stopping during the importing of the package to the SEPM.  this is the last entry that is noted when the error comes up and it stops.

if need be, i can put up a screen shot, but there's nothing magical or cryptic about the error...just the solution :-)

thanks all.

• 7.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Oct 31, 2009 12:38 AM

Is it is upgraded from any previous version to RU5?

As per my knowledge SEPM will not allow you to delete the latest package which is present with it.

Can you confirm which is the latest package is present in SEPM .If it is RU5 it will not allow you to add once again

Try to export again a package from SEPM with your desired features and try. SEPM is not saved the packages with the features like AV/AS etc. By the time of exporting it is creating some entries in setAid.ini file .Depend upon the entries if this file that package while getting installed it will install with AV/AS only etc. For more details refer the below doc

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/2326c6a13572aeb788257363002b62aa/ae142cf6efe920cf88257376005f1474?OpenDocument

After exporting verify all the entries in setAid.ini file is correct. You can also do a manual modification to that file also.

• 8.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Oct 31, 2009 12:42 AM
    what is the version of the package you see and wht version you are trying to add.
    Updates are downloded via livupdate too.may be sepm has the latest package downloaded via lU and you are trying to add again?

• 9.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Nov 12, 2009 04:05 PM
    i just upgraded my SEPM to 11.0.5002.333 and I tried to create a windows 7 package and it is giving me the same error. I didnt have this problem with the previous verson.

• 10.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Nov 12, 2009 04:29 PM
     Can you post the SEP_INST.LOG file that is created when the package runs?

Also, do you have the Client Install Settings set to "maintain all logs, policies, and client-server communication settings" or to remove all and reset?

• 11.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Nov 12, 2009 06:00 PM
    BadAndy,

The log is pretty log is pretty long. I'm not sure if i should post this on here or not. I can email it ot you if necessary.

As for the client setting I have the radio button selected "Maintaing all logs, policies and client server communications settings.

What ever I had created for windows 7 i have deleted. The install package, the install settings and the install feature set. I thought that was going to help but i was wrong.

• 12.  RE: SEP 11 r5002 package problem

Posted Nov 13, 2009 01:25 PM
     Try creating a package that removes all and resets the client. That's how all my packages are and they have been working fine. You should be able to post the actual .log file on here instead of pasting the text into a post.