SEP 11 upgrade to SEP12.1, client is still communicating with SEPM11
I did some upgrading from SEP 11to SEP12.1, but client is still communicating with SEPM11... I have to manually change sylink.xml....
Who know how to deal with it on SEPM12, not change its sylink,xml....
Hello, In this case, you
In this case, you could work on the steps below:
Sylink.xml location has changed in SEP 12.1
- Click on Start and Click Run
- Type smc -stop in the run field
- Copy the sylink.xml file and paste under "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\12.1.xx.xx\Data\Config" it will prompt do you want to replace the file click on Yes.
- Start the smc service
- Click Start and Click Run
- In the run field type the following command: smc -start
You could use the SylinkDrop Utility. SylinkDrop is INSTALLED on the client by default. In fact, by default, those steps won't work, because tamper protection will prevent you from touching the sylink file.
Just run Sylinkdrop from here: C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\<Version>\Bin and you can replace the sylink file.
To get the SylinkReplacer version_12.1 Utility, you will have to call symantec or log a web case.
QuickStart Guide - Create and Manage Support Cases in SymWISE
How to update a support case and upload diagnostic files with MySupport
Regional Support Telephone Numbers:
United States: 800-342-0652 (407-357-7600 from outside the United States)
Australia: 1300 365510 (+61 2 8220 7111 from outside Australia)
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 870 606 6000
Additional contact numbers: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp
Hope that helps!!