Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 11.0 email Proxy error - issue

Posted Mar 16, 2009 01:35 PM

Hi in our office we are facing email sending problem in outlook 2003.

I have tried with the following:

1. Outlook 2003 email accounts

2. Under advanced tab increased the server timeout to 4 minutes instead of default 1 min

3. checked on outgoing server authentication

After this i was able to send 1st mail. But 2nd mail onwards not going its displaying the error message as "Symantec Email Proxy" dialog box with the code number 1003,9.

I have tried with some other solutions but not yet fixed. Anyone is facing same problem.

Please get back to me urgently.

Thanks

Murari

• 2.  RE: SEP 11.0 email Proxy error - issue

Posted Mar 20, 2009 12:12 AM

Dear All,

I had researched on this issue myself and found that SP3 needs to be installed in the client machine (win xp with SP3).

This issue is resolved now.

Thnaks

Murari

• 3.  RE: SEP 11.0 email Proxy error - issue

Posted Aug 30, 2009 06:07 AM
    Hi,,,,
    i am using symantec endpoint protection..on a server and client based enviroment. i am encountering a problem since the last couple of days. when the users try to send email through micrsoft outlook an error mesage pops out saying" SYMANTEC EMAIL PROXY ERROR....message could not be sent because the connection with server was interrupted. try to reopen outlook and send the message again"...error code is 1003,9. i ve tried reopening outlook but the problem is there still..this is happening with multiple users running windows XP service pack 2 and 3, also for vista the problem is there.   URGENT SOLUTION REQUIRED..

• 4.  RE: SEP 11.0 email Proxy error - issue
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 30, 2009 07:45 AM

On one machine go to add remove program

Select Symantec Endpoint protection , click Change and then Modify

Uncheck Anti Virus Email Protection and install.

See if you are still getting the error