Video Screencast Help

SEP 11.05 Client install has no progress on SBS 2008

Created: 20 Mar 2010 • Updated: 22 May 2010 | 3 comments
REBOOTWNY's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

We are setting up a new SBS 2008 server.  We are using SEP 11.05  SEPM installed flawlessly and works well on the server.

When we go to install SEP (64bit) the installation process just sits there.  The SEP_INST.log file is only at 1kb and goes no further.   There are no entries in the Event Viewer about any installation process starting or failing.

I am baffled by this behavior.  I have checked for the Pending registry keys of which there are none.  UAC is turned off.  I have tried server reboots and it still will not install.

I look forward to some ideas and a solution.

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Grant_Hall's picture

Make sure you are only installing only the Antivirus portion of the software.

Compatibility with 64 bit OS
http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/16c37e1b65da45938825728b00666d36?OpenDocument

P
lease let us know how it goes. If that isn't the problem please report back on exactly which method you are using to install the software (ie being pushed out from the SEPM). It also might be a good idea to let us know if you are talking about Vista or Windows 7 clients.

Thanks,
Grant

Please don't forget to mark your thread solved with whatever answer helped you : )

SOLUTION
Grant_Hall's picture

Your welcome : )

Grant-

Please don't forget to mark your thread solved with whatever answer helped you : )