Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 11.0.5 License?

Posted Mar 08, 2010 12:04 PM
    We are moving from SAV 10.x to SEP 11.0.5. We have installed SEP 11 on a new server and it appears to be working. This is a far different interface than 10.x so I assume I am just missing something. I do not see a place (and have not been prompted for) a license. I do have a license file from the Symantec Licensing site. I do not see anything about installing a license in the documentation anywhere. So, is a license required anymore for SEP? If so, how do I install the license file I got from the Symantec Licensing site?

If no license is required then how do they keep track of how many licenses I purchased and when the licenses renew now? More importantly, I used to get prompted by the software that my license was going to expire, so how will I know when it expires now?

Signed,
    A Confused Admin

• 2.  RE: SEP 11.0.5 License?
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: SEP 11.0.5 License?

Posted Mar 08, 2010 12:45 PM
    SEP requires no license

This will help you to know  the diffrence and make you familiar with SEP

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/endpointsecurity/ssc_sep/ 

Title: 'Does Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 require a license file?'
    Document ID: 2007120509085848
    > Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007120509085848?Open&seg=ent

• 4.  RE: SEP 11.0.5 License?

Posted May 06, 2010 02:28 PM
    Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.5 is a standard license and will not need a license file for activation. Once you have downloaded the full version of the software then it will be good to go. The serial number specifically for your SEP 11.0.5, can be registered in your licensing portal account so that you can manage your licenses, and also for the support contract of your product will be updated. If you are really sure that you have vald support for your license, then no need to worry, just disregard the renewal notices.

Hope this will help...Ü