Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 11.0.6 MP2 client Popping up with Warnings

Posted Oct 09, 2012 06:45 PM
      |   view attached

Please see attached JPEG for a screenshot of the pop-up we are seeing on laptops.  The client interface basically pops up for some users indicating problems with Email Auto Protect (internet and outlook).  We disable these features via policy and always have... not sure why they have started popping up randomly all of a sudden for users?  Has anyone seen this before?  I don't know of any recent changes to our polices w/regard to notification settings (neither is the one other person who manages our SEP console) so I'm not sure why this has started cropping up in the last week or two.  I'm hoping someone out there may have seen this before...

• 2.  RE: SEP 11.0.6 MP2 client Popping up with Warnings
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 09, 2012 07:04 PM

Is the lock closed in the policy? It needs to be. Maybe it was inadvertantly changed?

• 3.  RE: SEP 11.0.6 MP2 client Popping up with Warnings

Posted Oct 09, 2012 07:05 PM

Hi Nicole,

Make sure that the Email Auto-protect policies are locked in SEPM. In the "Antivirus and Antispyware Policy" Under each Email Auto-protect, there will be a lock symbol behind the check box to enable or disable it. Click on that lock symbol to lock the policy.

Let me know if this helps.

• 4.  RE: SEP 11.0.6 MP2 client Popping up with Warnings

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2012 10:40 AM

Hi,

Please check the above suggested steps.

Also as you said suddenly issue has started occurring so could you create new AV/AS policy and check?

• 5.  RE: SEP 11.0.6 MP2 client Popping up with Warnings

Posted Oct 10, 2012 02:26 PM

Hi,

If all laptops belogs to same group...check antivirus and antispyware policy for whether autoprotect is enabled/disabled.