Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 11.06mp1 install packages

Posted Oct 14, 2010 04:34 PM

We are planning to consolidate a number of workstations to a newly built SEPM 11.06mp1 server.  Since many clients are still at 11.05, I first installed 11.06a, then upgraded to 11.06mp1 so we could upgrade the clients correctly.  I then created a new 'client install setting' (default except to 'REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS...').  I also created a new 'client install feature set', removing the 'antivirus email protection' and the 'application & device control'. 

I then exported 32x and 64x client install packages using the newly created settings and feature set mentioned above.  The exports were not a single .exe file, because I also dropped in the latest vdefhub.zip and ipsdef.zip files.  

Now here's the problem:  the 64x installs fine and I can open the client console and see that the Network Threat Protection piece is installed--however the 32x does NOT show Network Threat Protection.  I even went back and recreated the install package thinking i didn't choose my settings above, but it still happened.  This has occurred on both a WinXP SP3 and a Win7 machine.  The Win7 machine had had the previous client uninstalled (& cleanwipe ran) before installing the new client.  The XP machine was an upgrade, then uninstall/reinstall.  Same results each time.

Ideas?

• 2.  RE: SEP 11.06mp1 install packages
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 14, 2010 04:38 PM

Have you rebooted these machines ?

• 3.  RE: SEP 11.06mp1 install packages

Posted Oct 14, 2010 04:40 PM

I am assuming you have rebooted after the install.  Also, if you go to Add/Remove programs and to Symantec Endpoint Protection and try to change the installation, does it show NTP installed or not?  If not, your package did not have it installed.  If it says it is installed and you have restarted since the install, it is something deeper.

Report back if you would.

• 4.  RE: SEP 11.06mp1 install packages

Posted Oct 14, 2010 05:05 PM

okay, now i feel like an idiot.  I thought one of the 32x machines had been rebooted, but apparently not.  After rebooting both, they do now have the NTP displayed.  The 64x didn't need a reboot.

• 5.  RE: SEP 11.06mp1 install packages

Posted Oct 14, 2010 05:09 PM

no worries. glad you are up and running.