Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

SEP 11.0.780 - unscheduled scan running

Created: 05 Mar 2010 | 8 comments

SEP 11.0.780 - unscheduled scan running

On one user's client, we have deleted all scheduled scans. Our server policies have no scheduled scans. And yet the client runs a scan that had been set at one time long ago.  Uninstalled client, rebooted, reinstalled client and still that old scan runs.  Does anyone know how I can get this old scan schedule cleaned up for good?

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

sandra.g's picture

While this will likely not fix the problem:  The build in use is the RTM (i.e. the very first non-beta) build.  Migrate up to newest ASAP! :)

If you set up a case with Support, we have a tool that can remove scans.

sandra

Symantec, Senior Information Developer
Enterprise Security, Mobility, and Management - Endpoint Protection

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'solved' with the answer that best helps you!

bpaterson's picture

Sandra,

Kindly check this thread for my request.

Thanks!
Brian

Vikram Kumar-SAV to SEP's picture

Scheduled scan...well is the software still running ??

Download the latest version of SEP that 11.0.5002.333..more than 1000 issues have been fixed between the version you are running and the current version.

Vikram Kumar

Symantec Consultant

The most helpful part of entire Symantec connect is the Search button..do use it.

Rafeeq's picture

it was a bug in earlier version

Administrator scheduled scans are not running at specified times
    Fix ID: 1594128
    Symptom: With missed events disabled, scheduled scans are not correctly flagged as missed events.

Solution: Enhanced missed event detection to account for the user environment when detecting missed events.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid_p/2007121216360648 

sandra.g's picture

I don't think this is related to that fix.  It sounds like it was migrated up to SEP without disabling scheduled scans first, perhaps for a user who was not the one currently logged into the machine.

Title: 'Migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 RU5'
Document ID: 2009090313483348
> Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2009090313483348

sandra

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'solved' with the answer that best helps you!

AravindKM's picture

Since you are running with a very old version,removing the SEP and install with latest one (RU5) will be ideal for you.. 

Please don't forget to mark your thread solved with whatever answer helped you : ) Thanks & Regards Aravind

bpaterson's picture

Sandra,

I need this tool for the near-identical problem I have.

Could you provide me the tool name/number/whatever so that my case can be updated with this information?

Thanks!
Brian

sandra.g's picture

Brian:

You will want to request SymRmvScan.

Title: 'Using the "SymRmvScan" Utility'
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security....

sandra