Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 11/12 database fields to determine latest AV, PTP, NTP defs, last successful communication time

Posted Jan 23, 2014 09:30 AM

We are viewing network reports that show numerous IP addresses that are pulling large bandwidth from our SEPM servers, and are trying to find a trend.

I am creating a custom report that takes an IP address, and queries the SQL database for various information about the SEP client. Here is the SQL query so far:

SELECT dbo.sem_computer.COMPUTER_NAME,[IP_ADDR1_TEXT],(dbo.SEM_AGENT.FREE_DISK/1073741824)as 'Free Disk Space (GB)',
    (dbo.SEM_COMPUTER.DISK_TOTAL/1073741824) as 'Total Disk Space (GB)',
    (dbo.SEM_AGENT.FREE_MEM/1073741824) as 'Free Memory (GB)', (dbo.SEM_COMPUTER.MEMORY/1073741824) as 'Total Memory (GB)',
    dbo.SEM_COMPUTER.OPERATION_SYSTEM,NAME, SEM_AGENT.MAJOR_VERSION
    FROM dbo.sem_computer, [dbo].[V_SEM_COMPUTER], dbo.IDENTITY_MAP, dbo.SEM_CLIENT, dbo.SEM_AGENT
    WHERE [dbo].[V_SEM_COMPUTER].COMPUTER_ID = SEM_COMPUTER.COMPUTER_ID
    AND dbo.SEM_CLIENT.GROUP_ID = IDENTITY_MAP.ID
    AND dbo.SEM_CLIENT.COMPUTER_ID = dbo.SEM_COMPUTER.COMPUTER_ID
    AND dbo.SEM_COMPUTER.COMPUTER_ID = dbo.SEM_AGENT.COMPUTER_ID
    AND [IP_ADDR1_TEXT] = 'TYPE IN THE IP ADDRESS'

What tables and colums have the date of Antivirus, Proative Threat Protection, Network Threat protection definitions, and the last time the SEP client successfully communicated with the SEPM server?

• 2.  RE: SEP 11/12 database fields to determine latest AV, PTP, NTP defs, last successful communication time
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: SEP 11/12 database fields to determine latest AV, PTP, NTP defs, last successful communication time

Posted Jan 23, 2014 09:46 AM

Wow, I was reading https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/compilation-sql-queries-sepm-database and it is giving me even more ideas on how to develop trend of SEP clients that are pulling high bandwidth from our SEPM servers!

• 4.  RE: SEP 11/12 database fields to determine latest AV, PTP, NTP defs, last successful communication time

Posted Jan 23, 2014 09:53 AM
      |   view attached

The DB schema is also a good reference. I've attached it for you.

Attachment(s)