Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 1/1/1970 virus definition

Posted May 25, 2014 11:05 PM

Hi,

Part of my daily task is to check and computer status of the workstations that are connected on my SEPM. I sorted clients with updated and outdated virus defintion. I observed that some of my workstations are having 1/1/1970 virus definition. I tried to delete them to the SEPM, hoping that they will get new updates and that they will refresh their communication with the SEPM. However, those clients with 1/1/1970 virus definitions still appear on the computer status logs.

Any idea on this?

Thanks. :D

• 2.  RE: SEP 1/1/1970 virus definition

Posted May 25, 2014 11:06 PM

Were they just upgraded? What version is this?

Similar thread here

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/some-systems-are-showing-1970-error

• 3.  RE: SEP 1/1/1970 virus definition

Posted May 25, 2014 11:14 PM

Hi Brian,

Before, they have SEP 11. But now, we upgraded them to SEP 12.1 RU2.

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: SEP 1/1/1970 virus definition
    Best Answer

Posted May 25, 2014 11:40 PM
    How many system having problem ?  Did you try reinstall sep client ?

Note that this is a cosmetic issue. The clients are in fact protected by the definitions with which their version of SEP shipped.

Once the new client successfully updates via LiveUpdate, it will display the correct date information

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager shows old definition dates even though the clients have current definitions

Definition Dates for Newly Installed Clients Are Displayed as 01/01/1970 in Certain Reports within the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)

• 5.  RE: SEP 1/1/1970 virus definition
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 25, 2014 11:53 PM

whats the SEPM and client version?

open a support ticket