Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 11.5 Clients Wont Update after Sylink Replacer Move

Posted Jan 11, 2010 06:25 AM
    Hi,

I moved a few clients from one management server to another as a test to see how Sylink Replaceer handled it and it went pretty well. All of them appeared on the new console and they all have green dots and are accepting policy changes etc.

The problem I have is that they won't update their definitions. I can do it manually by changing the liveupdate policy to allow this temporarily - and this uses the internet - but whenever I switch off that ability and revert the policy to use the local management server it just doesn't work.

Clients which have been installed from that server - i.e. not moved using Sylink Replacer - work fine. They update their definitions as expected. I have 3000 clients I want to move but they're scattered over a large area and completely re-installing isn't desirable or practical really and Sylink would be the thing if I could get this working.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.  

• 2.  RE: SEP 11.5 Clients Wont Update after Sylink Replacer Move

Posted Jan 11, 2010 06:40 AM
    This may be due to the current date issue http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2010010308571348. It is likely that your old environment is updating via LiveUpdate, and your moved clients are updating via the SEPM. At the moment, the SEPM cannot offer definitions dated later than 2009-12-31. These definitions are current and are being released with increasing revision numbers (currently rev 121 I believe). Symantec are working on a patch for the servers. I believe clients moved from a LiveUpdate config to a SEPM config will be unable to update because they won't see anything more recent until the SEPM server is patched.

• 3.  RE: SEP 11.5 Clients Wont Update after Sylink Replacer Move

Posted Jan 11, 2010 09:08 AM
    @DGH

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I've had this issue since the start of December. We've just been updating the test clients manually until I could get around to trying to figure out why they're not updating from the SEPM.

• 4.  RE: SEP 11.5 Clients Wont Update after Sylink Replacer Move

Posted Jan 11, 2010 09:33 AM
    What version are you using?
    Is it the same on both servers?
    Are both servers in the same site?
    What is your LiveUpdate policy? Is it the same on both servers? Direct from SEPM, from SEPM via GUP, internal LiveUpdate, or LiveUpdate direct from Symantec?