Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

SEP 12.1 ccSvcHst.exe - Application Error

Created: 14 Nov 2011 | 5 comments
chris4t's picture

Windows XP Pro SP3 laptop upgrade to SEP 12.1 from 11, now get popup multiple times a day with the following Application Event ID 26 log entry;

Application popup: ccSvcHst.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x7c9152f5" referenced memory at "0x00d6000c". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

This causes MS Outlook to stop sending emails

Unable to restart the Symantec Endpoint Protection service because all the options are grayed out

Recovery options are set to Restart the Service for 1st and 2nd failure, Subsequent is set to Take no Action and cannot be changed

Only option is to restart the computer

Same install in Win 7 laptop has no problems

Thanks

Chris T

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Ajit Jha's picture

Did you upgarded or Unstalled the previous version and reinstalled 12.1??? 

I would request you if you can re install the Client once more

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

chris4t's picture

Did not un-install previous version, will un-install and re-install

Thanks

Chris T

Ajit Jha's picture

Try it out and let us know

Regard's

Ajit Jha

Technical Consultant

ASC & STS

chris4t's picture

2nd day after removal and re-install, no problems so far

Support of ATP's picture

I have similar issue as above case and i had reinstalled already. But sometime I still have this issue. In the explaination of support centre of xp, it stated as cannot load a driver or the drive is missing or corrupt.

Application popup: ccSvcHst.exe - Application Error : The instruction at "0x7c90fca2" referenced memory at "0x00100025". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Explanation

The program could not load a driver because the program user doesn't have sufficient privileges to access the driver or because the drive is missing or corrupt.