Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1 Client Status Icon

Posted Nov 21, 2011 02:10 PM

Can anyone tell me what the last two icons mean in the client status? The two systems associated with these icons seem to be functioning properly, but anything with down arrows and rex X's probably isn't a good thing.

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1 Client Status Icon
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2011 02:16 PM

The down arrow indicates a client deployment, the red X indicates an error.

If you double click the client, you should be able to see the "Deployment Message" towards the bottom of the properties pane, that should tell you the issue.

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1 Client Status Icon

Posted Nov 21, 2011 02:21 PM

Deployment Status: Install failed, rolled back

Deployment Message:

There's nothing under the deployment message, but the running version number and everything else seems okay. These clients are updating, and reporting as per normal in the SEPM. I can run commands, etc, but they both show the same Install failed message. Will this ever change to a normal icon or is this just something I have to live with?

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1 Client Status Icon

Posted Nov 21, 2011 02:27 PM

The icon displays that the Operating System is incompatible.Or could also mean that the client installation/upgrade of SEP rolled back.

Check this thread:-

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/definition-icon-sepm-client-list

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1 Client Status Icon

Posted Nov 22, 2011 08:05 AM

Have the clients updated to a newer version of SEP?

The client is reporting an installation issue, so until it stops doing that, the icon will remain.