Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP 12.1 clients show offline in SEPM 12.1 console

Posted Sep 14, 2011 04:29 AM

Hi,

Recently I have upgrade my SEPM 11.06 to SEPM 12.1, then upgrade SEP Clients 11.06 to SEP 12.1 using SEPM push mode. But after upgrade all the clients to SEP12.1, the clients show offline in SEPM console and the client not showing green dot. I have successfull to ping and telnet to the SEPM server from clients. Eventhough I can use the browser to access the SEPM console thorugh port 8443 from clients.

Please assist to resolve this issues. Is any miscommunication between clients and server?

Thank you and regards,

WKLeong 

• 2.  RE: SEP 12.1 clients show offline in SEPM 12.1 console

• 3.  RE: SEP 12.1 clients show offline in SEPM 12.1 console

Posted Oct 19, 2011 09:07 AM

This article doesn´t have any answer yet.... :(

• 4.  RE: SEP 12.1 clients show offline in SEPM 12.1 console

Posted Nov 17, 2011 11:20 AM

Restarting does not fix the issue with the green dot.  Although the client computers are still updating normally they just do not appear to be managed by the console and show their virus definitions are outdated even though they are not.  Still waiting for a fix

• 5.  RE: SEP 12.1 clients show offline in SEPM 12.1 console

Posted Nov 17, 2011 11:38 AM

Hello WKLeong ,

try this on one machine go to client tab select the any group in which export communication settings name and save this file in shared location and name it as sylink.xml

from sepm delete the entry of machine on which you ll be replacing sylink file

how to replace sylink in 12.1 as below

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH157585&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1321547580556

Simultaneously you can try to delete few clients from sepm and reboot them and check if they go green and report back to sepm by default they should

Try changing push to pull mode only for communication purposes once the clients are communicating change the mode back to push

Were the client machines cloned images ever ?

try below

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102815

• 6.  RE: SEP 12.1 clients show offline in SEPM 12.1 console

Posted Nov 17, 2011 01:56 PM

I will let you know if it worked.  In the past we have used the sylinkreplacer but that did not work either.  I will try to remove them from the SEPM and see if they come back.

• 7.  RE: SEP 12.1 clients show offline in SEPM 12.1 console

Posted Jan 30, 2012 05:08 AM

Replace the Sylink and Check....

Regards